Google+

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Keren and Trudi are in the Spotlgiht Today

We've had a lot of shoppers in the Store this weekend because more new Prima has arrived!  We have two more new collections, in addition to the two we added last week.  The first is Divine, which is just like its name.  We also have many of the embellishments made to coordinate with these beautiful soft colors.



The other new collection we have is the beautiful Sunrise Sunset.


We also have some of those cute little wood icons, stencils in both 6x6 and 12x12, and these beautiful vintage metal pieces, just to name a few.


Be sure to check the Prima Section of our store to see all the new Prima (and more is scheduled to arrive soon!)

******************************************

Our design team is great group of women from all over the world.  Today we bring you Keren Tamir from Canada, and our guest designer, Trudi Harrison, from Australia.  We begin with Keren's layouts using our February Kit:

"That Look" by Keren Tamir

My daughter can make such funny faces and she makes me laugh all the time. I love her sense of humor and how she can find happiness in all the little things. I took this picture of her and when I asked her to look at the camera she just made this funny face.

 

"Hold My Hand" by Keren Tamir

These pictures were taken this past summer by the lake as I was helping my daughter catch minnows with a net.

This was the first layout I designed after my winter holidays. I had so many ideas in my head but I guess I was a little rusty after such a long break. It took me so many hours to design it and no matter what I did I wasn't happy with the final outcome. I got so frustrated with it that I took the whole layout apart and re-built it. I originally had it on a dark blue background and I couldn't figure out what wasn't working for me. I finally lifted the whole layout out and transferred it to the light beige background and then I relaxed.

I really think its important for designers to share their good and bad experiences. Showing how it can be so frustrating sometimes to find the right "look" for your project, the one that makes you happy. However when you finally do, it is so rewarding.

Now I really wanted to share what I did with the Blue Fern frame. As you can see, I cut it in half to frame my two photos at the edge of the paper. I roughly painted it in light blue acrylic and then stamped it with white script. Finally I lightly painted it with brown Shimmerz paint in different areas.


"Beauty Shines Within" by Trudi Harrison

This is a photo of my eldest girl and is dedicated to her 'beautiful' heart. She is sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and will go out of her way to make someone happy if they are feeling sad.

The Blue Fern Chipboard Frame is a truly stunning piece, totally worthy of adorning a page in it's full entirety. Gasp - I cut it up! Can't believe I did that, but I wanted to show you different look and to maximize the use over a few projects. I placed one half of the frame on the background paper first and then lightly misted with the Fern Chalkboard. This created a lovely subtle, shadow effect. **Tip** Chipboard elements are a great for creating masked elements.
The chipboard piece was then removed and another coat of Fern Chalkboard was applied. To add some texture, plastic shards (similar to diamond dust but not as sparkly) were then adhered randomly over the top. Adhere with a clear drying glue. Once the glue has set, spray over with the Amethyst Color Shine. Allow this to dry and then dab some Gesso roughly over the areas where the plastic shards are to create a shabby, rustic effect. 


"To Know You is to Love You" by Trudi Harrison

 For this layout, Blue Fern ,Pink Paislee and Prima packaging were incorporated into the design. Prima Flowers from the Marri collection and Manor House Gold Glitter Roses were re colored with color shine and glimmer mist to create a different look. A touch of gesso was applied to the petal tips to soften the look. 


Thanks ladies for sharing with us today.  Your designs are awesome!

3 comments: