Google+

Friday, April 27, 2012

May Kit Sneak Peeks from Beverly and Erin

Hi everyone.  Today is the last day we will be posing sneak peeks of our May kit.  But that's not all bad news because next week will be the reveal.  We will be releasing photos of our beautiful May kit, along with close-ups of the embellishments. 

We have two layouts to share today, but let me warn you, these layouts are SO very different from each other.  You'll have a difficult time believing that they were created with the same kit!  But we feature them in the same post to show the extreme versatility of this beautiful paper from 7 Dots Studio.  You can have a soft, subtle background or a splash of color, depending on which side of the paper you use.  Here we go with the last 2 peeks:

"I Do" by Beverly Sams

I have SO many cousins and I love them all dearly. They are each beautiful to me in their own way and I wish for all of them every happiness in the world. This layout shows the promise of such happiness for one of them! I really like the doilies and lace that looks so dimensional on these 7 Dots papers, so I decided to play that up and pile on the romantic flowers and flourishes. The white lace in the kit was spritzed with Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist and accented with the Dress It Up flats (Tuscon) included. I inked and embossed the Dusty Attic chipboard with UTEE and inked the papers with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 


7Dots Embellishment Add-on:
7Dots Studio Stickers 12 x 12 Wonderland

Flower Add-on:
Prima: Lucerne: Nature Garden
Prima: Namazzi: Charcoal
Prima: Kennedy: Antique

Embellishment Add-on:
Prima: Petal Pins: Iced
Prima: Nature's Garden: Journaling Notecards
Dusty Attic: Chipboard: Wrought Iron Trim Set
Want2Scrap: Pearl Swirls: White

From My Stash:
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: vintage photo
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: black soot
Tattered Angels:Glimmer Mist: Walnut Gold
Ranger: Acrylic Paint Dabber: Salmon
Ranger: Acrylic Paint Dabber: Gold
Ranger: Melt Art: Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
LaBlanche Stamps: Elegant Gate

***************************************************

"King" by Erin Blegen

This stalwart little fellow is my one and only rooster, Rusty. He is an Old English Game bantam, and he might be small but he's definitely king of the yard! His coloring is so beautiful and when I looked at this photo I recently took of him, I immediately knew which papers I wanted to use to scrap it.

Believe it or not, I only used two sheets of paper to create the multiple layers included in this layout. After cutting my main circle, I tore along the outline of the circle shape left in the paper from which I'd cut it, and layered it behind that main circle. After placing both circle shapes on top of another paper, I used what was left from the paper from which my circles came, and layered THAT behind my second sheet- if that makes any sense! Then lots of distressing and stitching add to the rustic feel I wanted to accomplish. 

I used the Prima mask included in the embellishment add-on, along with some paint, to create the white floral design along the lower half of my main circle- although, as happens quite often, much of it got covered up! I also used much of my most favorite medium- gesso- to play down some of the colors to create a cohesive arrangement with my flowers. Finally, my frames and tags were cut from the Prima journaling cards also included with the embellishment add-on.


 From the Flower Add-On:
The Manor House: Kyeesha: Orange Flowers
The Manor House: Kyeesha: Yellow Flowers
Prima: Kennedy: Antique

From the Embellishment Add-On:
Prima: Nature's Garden: Journaling Notecards
Prima: Mask: Swirls

From My Stash:
Prima Aglow Black Magic Leaves
Prima Aglow Coffee Bean Leaves
Prima Fluid Chalk Edger Pad- Old Road
Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Gesso
Burlap Twine


2 comments:

  1. Gulp ... both layouts are stunning ladies ... but O.M.G. the second layout is out of this world stunning ... and you truly wouldn't believe that it was using the same kit. Love the subject matter photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these layouts are so amazing, well done ladies and great kits :)

    ReplyDelete